Sunday, June 28, 2015

Tragicomic summer 2015 / Se tragikoominen kesä 2015


I'm just smiling at the moment. One word that really describes this summer is word Tragicomic. Tragicomic = summer, they are both equally complicated and complex as the word itself already is. I'm just sneaking around my home with my woolen socks on, hanging out at the balcony with a blanket as a burrito and wearing the same jeans while biking to the work/uni as I wore in the middle of the winter and those jeans I accessorize with a rain coat that is few sizes bigger than it needs to be and I let it flap around in the wind, as if I were a witch on her broomstick... I do see tanning lines in the future though! I just booked myself a one way ticket to the south, a flight to Split on 13. of August. I am planning to come back before schools start, which means 28. of September. This means that there will be a warmer summer waiting for me and the flight back to Finland remains unbooked because I haven't yet decided when to come back or where from to flight. My only wish for the moment is that this wind calms down a little bit so that I could wear something else than jeans safely and biking would be a bit faster than walking...


Minua ainakin hymyilyttää nyt vain täällä. Tragikoomisuus on tätä kesää parhaiten kuvaava sana. Tragikoomisuus= kesä, yhtä monimutkainen ja kompleksinen kuin tuo sana jo itsessään. Täälläkin vedellään pääosin himpessä villasukat jalassa, partsilla peitoissa burriton lailla ja töihin poljetaan samoissa farkuissa, mitä käytin talvella liian iso sadetakki tuulessa liepotellen, kuin olisin noita luudallansa... Rusketusraidat näkyy kyllä tulevaisuudessa vielä! Varasin itselleni menolipun etelään, lennon Splitiin 13.08. Takaisin tulen siinä ennen koulujen alkua, eli 28.9. Minulla on siis edessäni pitkä kesä, lippua takaisin Suomeen en ole vielä varannut, sitä kun en ole vielä päättänyt, mistä lennän tänne. Kun vain loppuisi tuo jäätävä tuuli, niin kehtaisi hameessa kulkea ilman että hippulat vinkuu ja pyörällä pääsisi nopeammin kuin kävellen. 

 June has really been a lonely month. This city is quite empty, weather doesn't really give you many opportunities to enjoy outdoors in many forms and all people dear to me are all over this land and entire planet. Lets not forget though that the word tragicomic contains also an equal amount of good as it does bad. I do enjoy when it is stormy, I do giggle to the poor birds trying to fly like masterpieces but fail in a such way that they end up resembling that jiggling jelly pudding they serve in hospitals. This weather actually gives you an opportunity to take painting brushes in your hands, bake blueberry pies and read. Sitting indoors at work doesn't feel like work at all on days when weather has chosen something else to wear than Siren costume. It is all good even if my toes have to be in shoes daily even if they protest against it. I have told them that they'll get a chance to say Peek a Boo! We just have to be patient. In some way I have got only time for myself to relax, do the stuff I really need and want to do and be lazy in good gap. Every time I don't actually have to do anything I tend do do more than usually. Free time does energize and make you stronger and calms you down. At this point though, I do need company, which only means that it is time to get out there. :)

Tämä kesäkuu on ollut kunnon erakoitumiskausi. Tämä Kuopio on tyhjä, kelit eivät hirveästi anna mahdollisuuksia tekemisiin ja itselleni rakkaat ihmiset ovat kaikki hajallaan ympäri maita ja mantuja. Muistetaan kuitenkin, että sanassa tragikoominen on yhtä paljon hyvää, kuin huonoa. Nautin myrskykeleistä, hihittelen salaa lintureppanoille, jotka kovasti yrittävät lentää sujuvasti tuulen niitä heilutellessa samaan tapaan kuin sairaalan hyytelövanukas heiluu tarjottimellaan. Tälläisillä keleillä malttaa tarttua pensseleihin, leipoa mustikkapiirakkaa ja lukea. Töissä istuminen ei tunnu millään tapaa työläälle niinä päivinä, kun ulkoilma ei ole pukeutunut Seireenin asuun. Kaikki on siis hyvin, vaikka varpaat ovatkin hieman vastentahtoisesti umpinaisissa kengissä päivittäin, kyllä nekin pääsevät vielä sanomaan kukkuluuruu! Odotetaan vain. Jollain tapaa minulla on ollut aikaa rauhoittua, toteuttaa itseäni ja lupa laiskotella on tullut juuri oikeaan saumaan. Silloin kun ei täydy tehdä varsinaisesti mitään, tuppaan yleensä tekemään enemmän kuin tarpeeksi. Loma energisöi, oman ajan saaminen voimaannuttaa ja rauhoittaa. Nyt tarvitsen kuitenkin myös sitä seuraa, ei siis auta muu, kuin hakeutua taas sellaiseen voimapiiriin. :)
- Herminica

3 comments:

  1. What are your favourite places in Croatia and BiH? I go there (Croatia) every summer. Normally I stay in just one place, as I have two small children I find it more convenient. As they grow I want to show them all of former YU or at least HR&BiH. Any suggestions where to go? I normally stay on Brac island and visit only quickly Split and Makarska.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well hello miss/mr Anonymous! It is realy hard to pick only one favourite place in former Yugoslavia area! We started our annual trips with our parent 1997, I was 6 back then, my sisters 5 and 3. :) We have always gone there by car (yes driving all the way from Finland). Our parents loved traveling and so did we, even if we had to be in a car for long periods it was all ok mom and dad kept us busy! We had all kinds of books and travel-games packed with us and we stopped in nice little places on the way. I would go with you to some of the towns on Makarska riviera (Baska Voda, Tucepi, Brela...) or Island Hvar, cities Pula, Trogir, Vodice, Omis, Dubrovnik... etc :) , visit National parks, such as Telascica, Krka, Plitvice in Cro and others like Sutjeska, Blidinje, waterfall Kravice, towns Pocitelj, Mostar, Blagaj, Konjic and Jablanica and rafting there on Neretva. Sarajevo is reaaaaally unique, Jajce too and Bihac with its national park una... :) You have all that and much much more! Explore, you can hop on the bus (smoking not allowed, in trains people do smoke), rent a car.. :) Slovenia has Ljubljana, Bled and so much more... Montenegro is also wayy to beautiful; Tara river, cost line... :) You name it, be active and kids will love it, you will too!

      Delete
    2. Thank You for Your long and friendly reply :). I spent some of my childhood in the areas of the former Yugoslavia, which is why I am so obsessed with the place. Unfortunately I was young when the wars started and it became too dangerous for me to go (my parents used to work there before, after and during the wars). We are a Czech family, so the language is also quite similar :) Now I try to give my children the same opportunities to travel as I had growing up :) I normally avoid travel sites, as I find blogs more personal and fun. I was glad to find this one written by girls, who originate from my favorite countries. Keep up the good work!

      Delete