Wednesday, July 13, 2016

EUROTRIP 2015 Part 5/8: Amazing Old Town Hvar, chapter 3

Trips via cost line and to Old Town were such a great experiences and oh boy weren't they a good idea! The most ancient part of Stari Grad falls within the UNESCO Protected World Heritage Site. Old town was a heaven for all peace seekers, relaxation lovers and artsy spirits. If you ever find yourself struggling with writer's block this is the place you should come to restart your inner machine. It is also a place for photographers, painters, elderly couples, yogis, writers, new weds and for most importantly - travellers. Everything about this place says relax, take a break, breathe and enjoy. Even the dogs  and kids have found the serenity. For me this day was something I needed badly. I had been so sick for a long time and this really helped me to forget about it and really feel like myself again.


In my opinion Stari Grad (Old Town) can be seen in 3 to 4 hours BUT you wont experience it in that time. It is easy to reach by local bus, drive does not take too long and you have nice restaurants, shops and cafes waiting for you. One of the best things is the difference between the time of siesta and when locals are awake. Also one of the famous places is Tvrdalj Petra Hekterovića - a castle of a famous poet. That place was really a place for you just to sit down and be. This was a good place for me since I was writing a first part of my Master's thesis. It gave my brain a nice break from everything!


After experiencing Hvar it was time to take a ferry back to Split and continue to a city called Mostar in Bosnia-Herzegovina by bus. We were so eager to prolong our stay in Hvar but extending our booking was not possible anymore due to the full house- effect here. Hvar has become so popular among foreigners that the bookings must be made in advance or otherwise you will find yourself lining up to the next ferry back. 

- Herminica

No comments:

Post a Comment